Discovered this collection of strange and sometimes weird animal facts while looking for new printable worksheets for my ESL class.
1. A SNAIL can sleep for three years.
2. An OCTOPUS will eat its own arms if it gets really hungry.
3. MOOSE have very poor vision.Â Some have even tried to mate with cars.
4. If one places a tiny amount of liquor on a SCORPION it will instantly go mad and sting itself to death.
5. The APHID reproductive cycle is so rapid that females are born pregnant.
6. PIGS are the only animal that will drink hard liquor voluntarily.
7. FROGS and MOSQUITOS have teeth.
9. KANGAROOS cannot walk backwards.
10. CATS have over one hundred vocal sounds, visit this while dogs only have about ten.
11. CATâ€™S urine glows under a black light.
12. Most COWS give more milk when they listen to music.
13. Even if you cut off a COCKROACHâ€™S head, bronchi it can live for several weeks.
14. MOSQUITOES are attracted to people who have recently eaten bananas.
15. Some RIBBON WORMS will eat themselves if they canâ€™t find any food.
16. DOLPHINS sleep with one eye open.
17. A GOLDFISH has a memory span of 3 seconds.
18. By some unknown means, an IGUANA can end its own life.
19. The left leg of a CHICKEN is more tender than the right one.
20. A RAT can go without water longer than a CAMEL can.
The mosquito and banana fact may explain why it’s so hard to get decent bananas here. The mosquitoes are eating all the good ones.
Dolphins hug their pillow tight before leaving for never-never land, probably taking the hand of the Sandman at some point.
I will now be asking for dÃ¹i gÃ trÃ¡i whenever I feel like a chicken drumstick.
- More Interesting Animals Captured in Weird Situations (techeblog.com)
- Leave Your Cash to Your Cat (bostonist.com)
- Do all animals sleep? (acrossthesynapse.wordpress.com)
This is a test post to see if Wordbooker has been configured correctly.
You can like it, approved love it, more info share it, comment on it, or whatever you want. However, I’ll be rather upset if you do, as all my other posts are much more important and you don’t tend to comment on most of those.